Tired of buying Hummus at the stores? (Me too!) So make it yourself in under 10 minutes!
- 1 16 oz can of chickpeas or garbanzo beans
- 1/4 cup liquid from can of chickpeas
- 3-5 tablespoons lemon juice (depending on taste)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Drain chickpeas and set aside liquid from can. Combine remaining ingredients in blender or food processor. Add 1/4 cup of liquid from chickpeas. Blend for 3-5 minutes on low until thoroughly mixed and smooth.
- Place in serving bowl, and create a shallow well in the center of the hummus.
- Add a small amount (1-2 tablespoons) of olive oil in the well. Garnish with parsley (optional).
- Serve immediately with fresh, warm or toasted pita bread, or cover and refrigerate.
- For a spicier hummus, add a sliced red chile or a dash of cayenne pepper.
- Hummus can be refrigerated for up to 3 days and can be kept in the freezer for up to one month. Add a little olive oil if it appears to be too dry.
Authors: foods ventures
Login to post comments