Authors: tABLE health
I won’t waste your time with my witty banter, I’ll just get straight to the goods that you really want- school lunch ideas for your picky, hungry kids! Here’s ideas for the 5 days of the week, plus a bonus cause I like you.
1. Turkey and cheese with spinach rolled up in a whole wheat wrap and cut in rounds (like sushi!)
2. Make your own lunchables- pack whole wheat crackers, pieces of ham or turkey, all-natural cheese, and veggie sticks
3. Rice balls! Make brown rice and season with whatever spices your child likes. Take pieces of leftover grilled chicken, meat or fish and form the rice in a ball around the meat. Serve with a dipping sauce like soy sauce with sesame oil
4. Make a black bean dip with black beans, onions, tomato, lime juice and spices and serve with all natural corn chips and veggies for dipping
5. Sesame noodles with chicken and grilled veggies- kids surprisingly LOVE this. Toss 1 lb cooked whole wheat spaghetti with 1/4 cup tahini, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 2 tablespoons rice vinegar, 2 tablespoons brown sugar and 1 tablespoon canola oil.
6. BBQ chicken salad on whole wheat roll. Just shred some precooked chicken and combine with plenty of chopped veggies, a bit of mayo and your child’s favorite bbq sauce.