- To 1 bunch of fresh kale: wash and dry very well.
- Remove stems and discard.
- Tear or cut into 2-inch pieces.
- Spread evenly on a baking tray and lightly mist with olive oil spray.
- Sprinkle lightly with sea salt, garlic powder, Parmesan cheese, chili powder, nutritional yeast, or curry powder – almost any flavoring you enjoy.
- Bake at 350o for ten minutes. Watch carefully to avoid burning.
Kale Nutrient Information:
- Kale is a powerhouse vegetable, with more nutrients than spinach and Swiss chard.
- Kale eases lung congestion and is beneficial to the stomach, liver, and immune system.
- It contains lutein and zeaxanthin, which protect the eyes from macular degeneration.
- It also contains indole-3-carbinol, which may protect against colon cancer.
- Kale is low in calories and an excellent source of calcium, iron, manganese, vitamins A, C and K, and chlorophyll.
Login to post comments