Happy Friday! Hope y’all had a great week and are looking forward to an AMAZING weekend.
This Roasted Asparagus & Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta is perfect for any night and it’s great for lunch too.
Serve hot or chilled for picnics & potlucks. Don’t forget to bookmark this recipe for all those school lunches coming up around bend…
I adore skinny asparagus…especially when it’s roasted.
Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees F. Lay ‘em out on a baking sheet. Toss with olive oil, garlic salt, black pepper & smoked paprika. Add some hot pepper flakes for a little kick.
Bake the heck out of them until you have crispy tips & well cooked stalks.
Don’t forget to top this pasta with grated cheese. My favorite is Pecorino Romano for it’s rich, salty & lots o’ bang for the buck flavor.
This dish would be perfect served with my Honey Bee Martini. Picture a dinner outdoors with all these lovely summer flavors!
Serve up as a side or a main course.
Roasted Asparagus & Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta
- 6 ounces (170 grams) Whole Grain Pasta of Gluten Free Pasta
- 1 bunch skinny Asparagus (about 1 pound), clean & remove tough bottoms
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Salt
- Black Pepper
- Smoked Paprika
- Hot Pepper Flakes
- 4 ounces (113 grams) Sun-Dried Tomatoes in oil
- Pecorino Romano cheese, grated
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F with the rack in the middle. Lay asparagus on a sheet pan, toss with olive oil, garlic salt, pepper, smoked paprika & hot pepper flakes. Lay in a single layer on the pan. Bake for about 15 minutes convection or 25 minutes traditional oven. They are done when the tips are slightly browned and stalks are cooked through.
- Chop the sun-dried tomatoes and reserve some of the oil it's packed in.Toss pasta with the sun-dried tomatoes and some of the oil. Cut the asparagus into bite sized pieces. Add that to the pasta as well. Top dish with plenty of Pecorino Romano cheese.